The Borders League is a seven race road running series that takes place in the winter season across Cheshire, Merseyside and North Wales. Runners of all abilities from local clubs compete for both individual and team points in the 8km – 10km races. Each race starts at 11am on Sunday mornings, with the exception of the last race of the season which is on a Wednesday evening.
An ideal series for all club runners to use to improve on their performance with each race and try out road running in the local area. No entry fee for club members.
For more details see http://www.bordersleague.org.uk/ .
The fixtures for 2017/18 are given below including for each one the date and host club (and venue). Further details about each race are published closer to the date.
Note that the race originally scheduled for Nov 12th is now on Feb 18th and may start earlier than 11.00 (the time will be posted here when known).
1) 1st Oct – Ellesmere Port (Capenhurst)
2) 3rd Dec – Wallasey AC (Birkenhead Park)
3) 14th Jan – Abergele Harriers (Pensarn)
4) 18th Feb – Chester Tri (Chester)
5) 4th March – Tattenhall Runners (Tattenhall)
6) 25th March - Wrexham Tri (Mold)
7) 25th April (NB Wed evening) – Deestriders AC